On Friday 16th November, the First Lady of Sierra Leone met with U.S. Ambassador to Sierra Leone Maria Brewer at the US Embassy in Freetown. After a closed door session, they proceeded to inspect the blood donation initiative that was taking place within the Embassy.
Donating blood can help:
● People who go through disasters or emergency situations
● People who lose blood during major surgeries
● People who have cancer or other diseases like sickle cell
● Women who have serious complications during pregnancy or childbirth
● People with severe anemia sometimes caused by thalassemia or sickle cell disease